Every year Staff Selection Commission releases a notification for the recruitment of the Central Police Organisation ( CPO ) for various posts like sub-inspector and assistant sub-inspector. SSC CPO salaries have been revised after the 7th pay commission.SSC organises CPO exams to recruit the candidates. SSC will soon release the official notification regarding SSC CPO 2020. Although the job roles are challenging when it comes to CPO but there are lots of other advantages as well. So in this article, we have tried to cover all the details regarding the recruitment process along with SSC CPO Salary.
Those who are willing to apply for the SSC CPO 2020 can apply on the official website of staff selection commission.
SSC CPO 2020 | Exam Overview
|Name of the Examination||SSC CPO 2020|
|Exam Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission ( SSC )|
|Posts Name||Sub-inspector ( SI) and assistant sub-inspector ( ASI )|
|Number of vacancies||1250 ( Approx )|
|Level of examination||National|
SSC CPO 2020 Important Dates
Here are the important dates that you need to keep track of in order to apply for SSC CPO 2020.
|Application form release date||1st week of January 2020|
|Last date to apply for SSC CPO 2020||March 2020|
|Admit card release date for Paper -1||April 2020|
|Exam date||May 2020|
|Paper-1 result date announcement||June 2020|
|Personality and medical test||July 2020|
|Medical test result announcement||August 2020|
|Admit card download of Paper 2||September 2020|
|Pape 2 exam date||October 2020|
|Final result announcement||November 2020|
SSC CPO 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who want to apply for SSC CPO examination meet to below-given eligibility criteria set up the Staff Selection Commission.
1. Citizenship/ Nationality
- The candidates should have the citizenship of India.
- A refugee from Bhutan, Nepal or Tibet who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement in India.
- A person of Indian origin migrated from Sri Lanka, Burma, Pakistan, Kenya, Tanzania, Zaire, Zambia, Malawi, East African countries of Uganda, Ethiopia and Vietnam who came to settle permanently in India are also eligible to apply.
- The minimum age of a to apply for the SSC CPO should be 20 years and maximum 25 years as on January 2020.
- Age relaxation of 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
3. Educational Qualification
- A candidate must have a bachelors degree in any stream from a recognised university.
- Candidates ( Male ) who are applying for the post of sub-inspector in Delhi Police must have a driving license.
How to apply for SSC CPO 2020 ( Online Application )
Below is the complete process that candidates can follow to apply online for the SSC CPO examination.
- Firstly go to the official website of the SSC.
- You will see the registration link once you open the official website.
- Click on the new registration under the application window and then click on the “ register link “
- In order to proceed with the application, you need to provide basic details like name, parents name, date of birth, email id, mobile number etc.
- Click on the submit button to submit the online form. Make sure that you verify all the details carefully before submitting the application form.
- After submitting the form you are required to upload the scanned copy of photograph and signature.
- Once you have successfully uploaded all the required documents login again using your login id and password to complete the part – II of the application.
- Then fill up the details asked and submit the form.
- Click on the “ Submit Button “. Make sure that you preview all the details carefully before final submission.
- Pay the application fees to complete the registration process.
- Download and take a print out of the submitted application form for future references.
SSC CPO Application Fees
Candidates are required to pay the application fee of Rs 100 via online mode.
SSC CPO 2020 | Exam Pattern
SSC CPO exam will be conducted in two phases – phase 1 and phase 2. So here is the exam pattern of the CPO. The total duration of the exam will be of 2 hours.
|Subject||Number of questions||Marks|
|General intelligence and reasoning||50||50|
|General Knowledge and awareness||50||50|
SSC CPO 2020 Exam Syllabus
Below is the complete syllabus of CPO for paper 1 and paper 2.
Paper – I Syllabus
- Whole numbers
- Time and work
- Square roots
- Profit and loss
- Ratio and proportion
- Mixture and allegations
- Time and distance
- Simple and compound interest
- Reading comprehension
- Spelling errors
- Synonyms and antonyms
- Fill in the blanks
- Environmental awareness
- Current affairs
- Indian history
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Verbal and non-verbal reasoning
- Seating arrangement
- Arithmetic reasoning
- Number series
- Blood relations
- Spatial orientation
SSC CPO 2020 – Salary Structure
|Sub-inspector in Delhi Police |
( Male / Female )
|‘C’ Non – Gazetted||6||INR 35,400 to 1,12,400|
|Sub -Inspector |
|‘B’ Non – Gazetted||6||INR35400 to 112400|
|Assistant Sub-Inspector ( ASI ) in CISF||‘C’ Non – Gazetted||6||INR 29200 to 92300|