Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan is a cluster of schools run by the Central Government of India. These schools come under the ministry of humans resources development. There is a complete process that needs to be followed for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission.
Currently, there are 1209 Kendriya Vidyalayas in India and Abroad ( Kathmandu, Tehran and Moscow ). It is considered as one of the largest chains of schools in the World.
Every year lakhs of students take admission into Kendra Vidyalaya due to its low fees structure and the quality of education that it provides to the students. Moreover, there are various other benefits that are being offered to the students studying in Kendriya Vidyalayas. Moreover, all the Kendriya Vidyalaya are affiliated Central Board Of Secondary Education ( CBSE ).
The objective behind the establishment of these schools is to provide quality education to the people who are living and working in remote areas.
If you are also planning to get admitted to these prestigious school then you are at the right place as we have covered the complete process of admission into Kendriya Vidyalayas in 2020.
Who can apply for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission
Following priorities are given while granting the admission to Kendriya Vidyalaya.
1. Central Govt Employees ard is given the first preference.
2. Second preference is given towards of army and ex-army serviceman.
3. Third preference is given to employees of government children.
4. Fourth preference is given to single girl child quota.
5. Fifth preference is given to children of private and self-employed personnel.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2020
Here are the important dates and schedule for taking admission into Kendriya Vidyalayas in 2020-21
|Events ( Admission )||Dates|
|Release of KV advertisements||February Last Week 2020|
|Start of online registration for class I||March 1st week 2020 ( Tentative )|
|The last date of online registration for class I||3rd week of March 2020|
|Declaration of the provisionally selected list for class I||March and April 2020|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Criteria
There are certain eligibility criteria set by Kendra Vidyalaya for granting admission in various classes. Here we have covered the important eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled by the applicants.
1. Age Criteria
|Class||Minimum Age||Maximum Age|
|I||5 Years||7 Years|
|II||6 Years||8 Years|
|III||7 Years||9 Years|
|IV||8 Years||10 Years|
|V||9 Years||11 Years|
|VI||10 Years||12 Years|
|VII||11 Years||13 Years|
|VIII||12 Years||14 Years|
|IX||13 Years||15 Years|
|X||14 Years||16 Years|
2. Reservation Criteria
|Category||Reservation ( In percentage )|
|Schedule Caste ( SC )||15 %|
|Schedule Tribe ( ST )||7.5%|
|Differently Abled Candidates||3 %|
|Economically weaker sections of the society||25 %|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission in Class I
Here is the complete procedure of Kendriya Vidyalaya admission to class I.
1. 15 % of the total available seats will be reserved for SC’s and 7.5% will be reserved for the ST’s. If the seats fall short for the reserved category then it will be worked after considering the number of seats for SC/ST children admitted under RTE quota.
2. 10 seats out of 40 seats in class I are to be filled as per the RTE provisions and these 10 seats will be selected by draw of lots from SC/ST/EWS/BPL/OBC.
3. Remaining seats are to be filled as per the existing priority category system.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admissions for class II to VIII
1. No test is conducted for granting admission to students from class II to XIII.
2. Admission is granted on the basis of Priority Category System.
3. In case if applicants are more than the number of seats then the admission will be granted on the basis of the lottery system for each category including single girl child quota.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission for class IX
An admission test will be conducted for granting admission into class IX and a separate merit list will be prepared for each category. Admission will be granted order wise based on priority category and order of merit.
1. Admission test will be conducted in the following subjects- English, Hindi, Maths, Social Science, Science.
2. There will be only one integrated paper for all the subjects which will be of 3 hours and 100 marks comprising each section ( English, Hindi, Maths, Social Science and Science ) of 20 marks.
3. The minimum passing marks is 33% in aggregate and 25 % in case of students belonging to SC/ST and Physically handicapped category.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission for class XI
For class XII admission is offered on the basis of aggregate marks obtained in class X.
1. For Science Stream:- A minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in all the subjects.
2. For commerce Stream:- A minimum of 55% in aggregate in all the subjects.
3. Humanities Stream:- All students of KV if declared successful in class X exam.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Application Fee
- Kendriya Vidyalaya does not charge any fees for the application as it is completely free of cost.
- Students can collect the application form from the school itself without paying anything.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Online Application 2020-21
Here is the step by step process on the online application of Kendriya Vidyalaya for class I.
1. Firstly you need to visit the official website of the Kendriya Vidhyalaya which is https://kvsonlineadmission.in/.
2. After that click on the link “ Register “ and fill in the required information like First and the last name of the child, date of birth, email address, phone number.
Note:- The first name and the last name of the child should match the name written on the birth certificate.
3. After that, you need to enter the OTP which You will receive on the number you used for registration.
4. After entering the OTP click on the verify button and you will be redirected to the acknowledgement page where a “ Unique Login Code “ will appear, you need to carefully save that login code in order to login to the application portal.
5. After completing the registration process you need to login to the admission portal by entering your login code, applicant’s date of birth, registered mobile number.
6.After successfully logging into your account fill in the application form and upload the required documents.
7. After duly filling in all the details click on submit and your application form will be successfully submitted.
8. You can view the application status by clicking on the link “ Check Application Status”.
Documents Required For Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission
Here is the list of documents required while for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission.
1. For class 1 proof of age will be required in the form of a birth certificate issued by the concerned authority.
2. For the other classes date of birth recorded in the transfer certificates issued by the state education department will be accepted.
3. Admissions to students up to class 8th will be granted without any school transfer certificate provided otherwise that the child is eligible and the birth certificate has been issued by the Govt body.
4. Proof of relationship for grandchildren for PSU employees and Members of Parliament.
5. Proof of relationship with grandchildren of Kendriya Vidyalaya employees.
6. A certificate of retirement for Uniformed Defence Employees.
7. Proof of residence