IIT JEE entrance examinations are one of the most preferred careers for people belonging to engineering background. Every year lakhs of people appear for the IIT JEE exams to get admission into top engineering colleges in India.
It requires a lot of hard work and dedication to get into IIT’s if you also aspire to get into the top engineering colleges then firstly you need to understand the complete structure of the exam in order to get to your final destination.
So here we have covered the complete details of the exam that you must know before appearing for the same.
The exam takes place into two phases i.e JEE Mains and advanced. Let’s throw some light on the details of both the examination.
Joint Entrance Examination or most commonly known as JEE mains is conducted every year by the National Testing Agency ( NTA ) in the month of January or April. A candidate is eligible for advance only after clearing the mains examinations.
JEE Mains Eligibility Criteria
There are certain eligibility criteria that a candidate needs to meet in order to appear for the mains examination.
1. Age Limit
- Firstly there is no age limit when it comes to mains examination, Anyone belonging to any age is eligible to appear for the exams.
- Candidates who have passed the class XII examination or are appearing for the same are also eligible to apply.
2. Educational Qualification
- A candidate must have passed the XII standard in order to appear for the examination.
- Candidates must have at least opted for five subjects in class XII to be eligible for the mains examination.
- Candidates who have taken four subjects in class XII are not eligible to apply for the exam and in case if candidates have provided the wrong information, further actions will be taken against them.
3. Qualifying Marks
- In order to get admissions into the top colleges like IITs, NITs and CFTIs, the aspirants should at least acquire 75% or more in the Qualifying exam.
- In the case of the reserved category, the minimum qualifying marks are 65%.
4. Number of Attempts
- A candidate can appear for consecutively 3 years in the JEE Mains Examination. The mains examination is conducted twice a year and they can appear for both the attempts.
- The attempt for a complete academic year will be considered as one attempt.
JEE Mains Exam Pattern
If you are not aware of the JEE Mains exam pattern then you can have a look over here to know the complete exam details.
|SNO||Particulars||B.E and B.Tech||B.Arch||B. Planning|
|1.||Examination Mode||Online||Online and offline (drawing test)||Online|
|2.||Number Of Questions||75 Questions||77 Questions||100 Questions|
|3.||Type Of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions||MCQ Questions(Excluding drawing)||Multiple Choice Questions|
|4.||Total Marks||300 Marks||400 Marks ( Including drawing section of 100 marks )||400 Marks|
|5.||Medium Of Examination||English, Hindi and Gujrati||English, Hindi and Gujrati||English, Hindi and Gujrati|
|6.||Exam Duration||3 Hours ( 1 hour for each section)||3 Hours||3 Hours|
Syllabus of JEE Mains Examination
The syllabus of JEE mains 2020 is given below.
- Binomial Theorem
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic equations
- Coordinate Geometry
- Differential Equations
- Integral Calculus
- Limit, continuity and differentiability
- Matrices and determinants
- Mathematical induction
- Mathematical reasoning
- Permutations and Combinations
- Sets, relations and functions
- Sequences and series
- Statistics and probability
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Purification of organic compounds
- Everyday Life chemistry
- Principles of Practical chemistry
- Basic Principles of organic chemistry
- Classification of elements
- Block elements
- Co-ordination compounds
- Environmental chemistry
- General principles and isolation of metals
- D and f block elements
- States of matter
- Atomic structure
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- Redox reactions and electrochemistry
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Physics and measurement
- Work energy and power
- Electronic devices
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Atoms and nuclei
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- Experimental skills
How to apply for IIT JEE Mains Examination 2020
Here are the following steps that you can follow to apply for IIT JEE mains examination in 2020
JEE Mains 2020 will be conducted from 6th to 11th of January. JEE main s will be held across 233 cities in India. Here is the complete process of filling up the application form of IIT JEE Mains.
1. Firstly you need to login to the official website of IIT JEE Mains 2020.
2. After that click on the “apply” link to proceed further.
3. Once you have clicked to apply after that you need to fill in your personal details like name, address, mobile number etc.
4. Read the instructions carefully and check on the box and click apply.
5. Fill the nationality, eligibility, identification proof, etc.
6. After that, you need to fill in your personal details like fathers name, mothers name, category, nationality, gender and place of residence.
7. Fill in the mail address
8. Now create the password and enter the security pin and click on “Next”
9. After creating password fill in your academic details like year of passing. Grades, School board etc.
10. Now fill in the details regarding the exam like mode of the examination, the medium of the exam, exam centre etc.
11 After filling in the required details you will be redirected to a review page where you will be asked to review all the information you have entered if you find any errors you can click on “Edit credentials” and enter the correct information.
12. If everything is correct click on “submit”.
13. Now after submitting your information, you need to upload your scanned documents. Read the instructions carefully before uploading your documents.
14. After successfully uploading all the documents the next step is to pay the fees. You can pay fees debit card/ credit card/net banking etc.
15. After paying the fees you need to go back to the home page and download the confirmation page for future references.
How to download Admit Card
The admit card for JEE mains 2020 will be released by NTA on December 6, 2019. You can download the admit card on the official website which is jeemain.nic.in.