India Post Office Recruitment 2020:- The Department Of Indian Post Services has released the official notification for recruiting candidates to fill in the various posts in Indian Post Office. All those candidates who are willing to apply for the Indian Post Office Recruitment 2020 can visit the official website and visit the same. However, you can find all the details regarding the recruitment like eligibility criteria, the application process and other details in this article.
Indian post Office recruitment 2020- Current Job Posts
Here are the current job posts for which the Indian Post office is hiring
|Serial No||Postal Zones||Name Of Posts||Required|
|1. ||India Post |
|03- Staff Car|
|West Bengal |
Postal Services Recruitment
|5778- Gramin |
( GDS )
|3.||Odisha Postal |
|30- Sportsperson||10th and 12th |
|4.||Tamil Nadu |
|234- Postal |
|10th and 12th|
|3650- Gramin |
|970- Gramin |
|7.||Andhra Pradesh Postal Service |
|2707- Gramin |
|8.||Gujrat Post |
|2637- Gramin |
|10.||Punjab Postal |
|851- Gramin |
|804- Gramin |
India Post Office Recruitment 2020- Job Highlights
Here are some important highlights of Indian Post Office Recruitment 2020 that candidates need to know.
|Name Of Department||Indian Postal Circle Department|
|Number of vacancies||( 50000 + )|
|Name of vacancies||– Postman|
– Mail Guard
– Gramin Dak Sevak
– Multi-tasking Staff
– Postal Assistant
– Sorting Assistant
– Postmaster cadres
– Sorting Assistant
– Inspector posts
– DirectorJunior Hindi Translator
– Senior Hindi Translator
– Senior Artist
– Hindi Typist
– Staff Car Driver
– Inspector Posts
|Employment Category||Central Government Jobs|
|Job Placements||All over India|
|Application Apply Mode||Online|
|Official Websites||www.indiapost.gov.inwww.appost.in /gdsonlinewww.ippbonline.netwww.indiapostgdsonline.in|
Eligibility Criteria-India Post Office recruitment 2020
Here are the complete eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled by the candidates in order to apply for the India Post Office Recruitment 2020.
- The lower age limit is 18 years and the upper age limit varies according to different posts.
- Relaxation is provided in the upper image limit in case of SC/ST category.
|SC/ST Candidates||5 Years|
|OBC Candidates||3 Years|
|PWD Candidates||10 Years|
|PWD + OBC Candidates||13 Years|
|PWD+ SC/ST Candidates||15 Years|
Educational Qualifications varies according to the different posts.
- For Postman/Mailguard/Sorting Assistant/Postal Assistant a candidate must have passed 12th class from a recognised board.
- For GDS/Multi-Taskin staff a candidate must have passed 10 th class from a recognised board.
- Candidates must know their local languages at least up to 10th standard.
India Post Office 2020- Recruitment Process
Candidates have to undergo the complete process in order to get selected in Indian Post Offices. Here are the following rounds that candidates have to face.
1. Online written examination/ aptitude test
The first step of the recruitment process is that the candidates have to appear for the written examination also known as an aptitude test.
2. Computer Proficiency/ Typing Test
For some positions, candidates are required to pass the computer proficiency skill test. This test is conducted to check the computer knowledge of the candidates.
3. Personal Interview
Once candidates have successfully cleared the above two tests then they are required to appear for the personal interview in which the overall personality of a candidate will be evaluated according to the job roles.
4. Document Verification
Candidates who have cleared the personal interview needs to get their documents verified by the concerned authority.
5. Driving Test
The driving test is conducted to check the driving skills of the candidates.If candidates pass this test then they will be finally selected for the merit list.
6. Merit List Preparation
Last but not least is the preparation of merit list. Name of the candidates who have successfully cleared all the stages of the examination will appear on the merit list.
Documents required to apply for postal jobs
Candidates must possess the following documents while applying for the postal jobs.
- Date of birth certificate or SSC marks memo
- Computer certificate ( If applicable )
- Caste certificate ( If applicable )
- Scanned copy of photo and signature
- 10th class mark sheet
- Disability certificate ( If applicable )
How to apply for India Post Office Recruitment 2020
Candidates need to follow these steps to apply online and offline for India Post Office Recruitment 2020.
1.How to apply online
Candidates need to follow these steps to submit the online application.
- Firstly visit the official website of the Indian Post which is http://www.appost.in/.
- On home page search for the advertisement under the notifications section.
- Carefully read all the details and instructions mentioned in the job notification.
- Make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before hitting the “ Registration” button.
- Once you have clicked on the link “registration” fill in the details like your name, mobile number, gender, category, date of birth etc.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number for verification.
- Once you have completed the registration process, a unique registration number will be generated.
- The next step is to pay the fees via online or offline mode at any head post office.
- Now fill in the postal application form using the registration number and other required information.
- Upload the required documents like educational certificates, scanned copy of photograph and signature.
- After uploading documents choose the post preferences.
- Preview all the details carefully before submitting the application form.
- Take a print out of the online application form and keep it for future references.
2. How to apply offline
Candidates can also fill in the application form in offline mode. Follow these steps to apply offline.
- Go to the official website which is http://www.appost.in/
- Find the advertisement under the notifications section
- Read all the details carefully before applying.
- Once you have met the eligibility criteria download the application form to proceed further.
- Fill in all the personal and academic details like your name, address, phone number etc.
- Pay the fees
- Attach all the necessary and required documents which were stated above.
- Send the application form and all the required documents to the address given before the last date.
Indian Post Office Recruitment 2020- Salary Structure
Candidates who will be selected for these posts may expect the following salaries.
|Postman/Mailguard||Rs. 21,700 to 69,100/-|
|Multi-Tasking Staff||Rs. 18000 to 56,900/-|
|Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant||Rs. 25,500 to 81,100/-|
|GDS ( Gramin dak Sevak )||Rs 10000 to 15000/-|