The Department Of Post which is working under the Ministry Of Communications recruits many candidates every year in order to fill up the vacant seats under Gramin Dak Sevak or most commonly it is also known as GDS recruitment.
In Gramin Dak Sevak the officials hire candidates to cover up the various posts. As it is a central government job which obviously comes with a lot of benefits and perks, there prevails a lot of competition for getting these jobs. If you are someone who has applied or willing to apply for the Gramin Dak Sevak Job then you need to keep yourself updated with the job structure of the Gramin Dak Sevak Jobs.
Here we have covered various aspects of the Gramin Dak Sevak jobs.
There are various duties and functions that need to be performed by the people recruited under Gramin Dak Sevak. Here we have listed the duties performed by the employees according to their designation.
1. Branch Post Manager
- Every village Gram Panchayat has a branch post office for which branch post manager is appointed.
- The Branch Post Manager is responsible for all the administrative functions of the respective branch.
- If the Gram Panchayat consists of more than one village then the Branch Post Manager needs to look upon and lead the Mail deliverer, Mail Carriers and Packers.
- The Branch Post Manager is also responsible for opening accounts of villagers and promoting government schemes.
- They are also required to register posts speed posts and money orders.
2. Mail Deliverer ( MD )
- The Branch Post Manager gives the instructions to Mail Deliverer.
- The work of the mail deliverer is to deliver the mails to the respective branches after collecting it from the head office.
- They are also responsible for making villagers aware of the schemes.
- They also help villagers in opening their savings account.
3. Mail Carrier ( MC )
- The primary function of a mail career is to collect the mails from the respective branch office and deliver the same in the villages to the people.
- They also assist the Branch Post Manger and Mail Deliverer in performing various functions and duties whenever required.
- Setting up the route for delivering mails to the people.
- Properly securing parcels and envelopes with a rubber band
- Gramin Dak Seva Packers are responsible for sorting out the mails accordingly.
- They are also required to pack the mails that need to be delivered to the other offices and branches.
- They must also assist the Branch Post Manager, Mail Carriers and Mail Deliverer in every task.
Eligibility Criteria For Gramin Dak Sevak
There are certain eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled by the candidates in order to apply for the Gram Dak Sevak Jobs. Here are the eligibility criteria that you need to fulfil.
- A candidate should possess a pass certificate in class 10 from a recognised university.
- Knowledge of operating computer system.
- The lower limit for applying for the job should be 18 years and the upper limit should be 40 years.
- Relaxation is provided to the candidates belonging to SC and ST category.
- There will be no written examination for selection of candidates.
- Possessing a higher qualification will not drive any added advantage while selection.
Gramin Dak Sevak Salaries
Here is the pay structure of Gramin Dak Sevak according to their position.
1. Salary Of Branch Post Manager ( BPM )
- The minimum TRCA for working 4 hours for level 1 employees in TRCA slab has been increased to Rs 12000/- Per month and the maximum salary has been increased to Rs 29,380/-.
- The minimum TRCA for working 5 hours in level 2 in TRCA has been increased to Rs 14500/- and maximum has been increased to Rs 35,480/-
2. ABPM and Dak Sevak Salary
The minimum TRCA for 4 hours/level 1 in TRCA slab has been increased to Rs 10,000/- per month and a maximum to Rs 24,470.
The minimum TRCA for 5 hours/level 2 in TRCA slab is Rs 12000 per month and a maximum of Rs 29,480.
How to apply for Gram Sevak Dak Post Jobs
In case if you don’t know how to apply for the Dak Seva Jobs hen here is the step by step process its application.
1. Firstly you need to visit the official website which is appost.in
2. Click on the registration button a\and fill in all the required details like your name, phone number, gender, address etc.
3. After that, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number f the verification.
4. After that, you need to pay the application fee via online mode or offline mode. If you choose offline mode then you need to visit the head post office.
5. After paying fees you can fill up the GDS application form with the help of your registered number and the details. While filling up the form you need to include your educational certification, photo, signature and then click on submit.
6. Your form is submitted and you can view the status of your application by clicking n the link “Application Link”.
Documents Required To Fill Up The Application Form
There are various documents that you will need to fill up the while filling up the application form.
- Signature Scanned Copy
- Scanned Copy of Photo
- Computer Certificate if required
- Identify Proof
- Date Of Birth Certificate
- Caste Certificate if applicable
- SSC or 10th marks certificate