Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) is a national level examination which is conducted once every year across 120 cities in India. The test is conducted in offline mode (pen and paper) which is for two hours. The CUCAT 2020 online enrollment will open from the third week of March 2020. The CUCET 2020 test will be conducted in the fourth week of May 2020.
It will be conducted by 10 central universities in India. It offers admissions to various courses like B.Tech, B.Sc, B.Sc, M.Sc, M.A, and so on. To get admission to different central colleges in these courses, candidates are required to qualify for this test. In this article, we have stated the important details regarding the CUCET 2020 like application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, results, etc.
CUCET 2020 – Exam Details
|Name of Examination||Central Universities Common Entrance Test|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Duration of examination||2 Hours|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Accepting colleges||10 colleges|
CUCET 2020 – Important Dates
Here are the important dates that candidates need to keep track of in order to successfully apply for the examination.
|Application form availability||3rd of March 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||2nd week of March 2020|
|Release of Admit Card||2nd week of May 2020|
|CUCET 2020 exam date||4th week of May 2020|
|Release of answer key||4th week of May 2020|
|CUCET 2020 result||3rde week of June 2020|
CUCET 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are required to fill in certain eligibility criteria before applying for the application, or else the application will be rejected.
- All the candidates must hold Indian citizenship
1. For UG Courses
- Candidates applying for UG courses must have passed 10th and 12th class from a recognized university.
2. For PG Courses
- Candidates who are applying for PG courses must hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in the respective course.
3. Ph.D. Courses
Candidates who want to apply for Ph.D. courses must hold a master’s degree from a recognized university.
Application Form – Central Universities Common Entrance Test 2020
Candidates who are interested to appear for the CUCET 2020 needs to first fill in the application form. The following are the steps to successfully fill in the application form.
1. The CUCET 2020 application form will be filled in the online mode.
2. Firstly visit the official website of the CUCET in order to proceed with the application.
3. After that fill in the required details like your personal, educational details, etc.
4. After filling in all the details you are required to upload the scanned copy of a passport size photograph and signature as per the prescribed format.
5. Submit the application form
6. You can submit the application form by the first week of April 2020.
7. Candidates are also required to fill in three universities and courses as per the choice.
8. Make sure that all the details are correct before submitting the final application.
9. Take a print out of the application form for future references.
CUCET 2020 Application Fees
Candidates are required to pay the fees before submitting the application form. Here are the application fees for CUCET 2020.
|Category||CUCET Application Fees|
|General / OBC||Rs 800/-|
Exam Pattern – CUCET 2020
Here is the complete exam pattern of the CUCET 2020 that all the applying candidates must go through.
|Mode of Examination||Offline ( Pen and Paper )|
|Duration of examination||2 hours|
|Question Types||Multiple choices questions|
|Total number of questions||100 Questions|
|Marking scheme||1 mark for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||0.25 deduction for every wrong answer|
Number Of Questions ( Section Wise )
|Section 1||English language|
Mathematical aptitudeAnalytical skills
|Section 2||Domain Knowledge||75|
CUCET 2020- Syllabus
- Magnetic effect of current
- Matter, heat, and thermodynamics
- Current electricity
- Linear momentum and collision
- Rotational of a rigid body about a fixed axis
- Motion in one dimension
- Motions in two dimensions
- Law of motions
- power and energy
- Redox reactions
- Chemical bonding
- General organic chemistry
- Colligative properties of solutions
- Periodic table
- Chemical equilibrium and kinetics
- Acid-based concepts
- Solid-state and petroleum
- Atomic structure
- Dynamic and statics
- Coordinate geometry
- Mechanism of organic evolution
- Origin of life
- Human genetics
- Animal physiology and comparison between Periplaneta and Blatta
- Applied biology
- Cell differentiation plant tissue
- Stem and leaf
- Soil and photosynthesis
CUCET 2020 – Admit Card
All the candidates are required to carry the admit card along with them in the examination center otherwise they will not be allowed to appear for the examination. Admit cards will be available in the second week of April 2020.
Candidates can follow the below-given steps to download the admit card of CUCET 2020.
1. Visit the official website
2. Log in using your registration Id and date of birth
3. Click on the link “ Download Admit Card”
4. Your Admit Card will appear on the screen
5. Make sure to check all the details mentioned on the admit card like your name, exam center, time, date, address, etc.
6. Download the admit card and keep it for your future references.
Answer Key – CUCET 2020
The examination conducting authority will issue a provisional answer key for the students. Candidates can check the answer key through online mode in the last week of April 2020. After checking the answer key, candidates can calculate their marks obtained in the entrance exam.
If a candidate has any objection about the answer key, they can provide proof with the answer key. After that, the final answer key will be released in the second week of May 2020.
CUCET 2020 – Results
Candidates can check their CUCET 2020 results online in the last week of May 2020. The results will be prepared by the authority based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance examination.
The merit list will be prepared by central universities for UG and PG students based on the marks obtained by the students in the examination. The results published online can be checked by the students by entering their user ID and password.