CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test which is a national level examination conducted to offer admission to candidates in undergraduate and postgraduate courses at NLU’s and other colleges and universities accepting exam CLAT exam scores.
Before 2019 the exam as conducted by different NLU’s on a rotational basis. However, after 2019, it is being conducted by a permanent body collectively formed by the universities which are The Consortium of
NLU’s which are headquartered at NLSIU Banglore.
If you are also planning to prepare for CLAT 2020 then in this article is for you as we have listed important details regarding the same.
CLAT 2020- Exam Dates
Firstly let us look at the eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled by the candidates in order to appear for the CLAT examination.
|Filling of application form||1st January 2020|
|Last date of filing the application form||31st March 2020|
|Last date for online fee submission||Last week of March 2020|
|Admit card release date||The third week of April 2020|
|CLAT 2020 exam date||10th May 2020|
|Release of answer key||11 May 2020|
|Declaration of Result||24th May 2020|
|Counseling process start date||First Week of June 2020|
Common-Law Admission Test 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
In order to successfully apply for the CLAT 2020 examination candidates are required to fulfill certain eligibility criteria. Below is the detailed criteria of the CLAT 2020.
1. For Undergraduate Courses
- Age Limit: There is no upper age limit for the UG programs in CLAT 2020.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should clear the class 12th or equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- Percentage: A candidate must have scored at least 45% in the case of general / OBC and specially-abled person and 40% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST.
2. For Postgraduate Courses
- Age Limit: No upper age limit prescribed for appearing in CLAT 2020.
- Qualifying exam: Candidates must have cleared L.L.B or another equivalent exam.
- Percentage: A minimum of 55% marks is required for the candidates belonging to General / OBC category and 50% marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
CLAT 2020 – Application Form
Candidates are required to successfully fill in the application form in order to appear for the CLAT 2020. Below given steps can be followed for the online application submission.
- The application form is available in online mode only
- In order to apply online firstly visit the official website of CLAT
- After that click on “ Register Tab “ and fill in details like your name, mobile number, email address, and password.
- Once candidates have registered you are required to activate your account via OTP received on the registered mobile number.
- The next step is to login into your account using your registered mobile number and password, once you are successfully logged in you will be redirected to the CLAT instructions page.
- After that fill in the application form using your personal details, communication details, and academic details.
- Preview and submit the application form, make sure to cross-check all the details before submitting the application.
- Upload the scanned copies of your photograph, signature and caste certificate ( if eligible )
CLAT 2020 – Application Fees
Candidates are required to pay the application fees via any online mode using ( debit card/credit card / net banking ) or offline mode using bank challan.
|General /OBC / PwD/ Non resident Indians||Rs.4000/-|
|SC/ST /BPL||Rs 3500/-|
Exam Pattern – CLAT 2020
The exam pattern for CLAT 2020 is as follows.
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Exam duration||2 Hours|
|Number of questions||150|
|Type of questions||Multiple-choice questions|
|Marking pattern||1 mark for each correct answer and 0.25 will be deducted for every wrong answer|
CLAT 2020 – Syllabus
The syllabus of CLAT 2020 is given below.
1. English Comprehension
- English comprehension Includes the correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling in the blanks in sentences with appropriate words, etc.
2. Quantitative Aptitude
- The Quantitative Techniques section of the UG-CLAT 2020 will include short sets of facts or propositions, graphs, or other textual, pictorial or diagrammatic representations of numerical information, followed by a series of questions. You will be required to derive information from such passages, graphs, or other representations, and apply mathematical operations on such information.
3. Legal Aptitude
- Includes legal propositions and a set of facts to which the said proposition has to be applied. Some propositions may not be “true” in the real sense, candidates will have to assume the “truth” of these propositions and answer the questions accordingly.
4. Logical Reasoning
- Includes logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc
CLAT 2020 – Admit Card
Candidates are required to carry the admit with themselves in order to appear for the examination.
- Admit card will only be available in the online mode
- Candidates can download the admit card in the third week of April 2020.
- In order to download the admit card candidates are required to enter their login details.
- Make sure to check all the details carefully mentioned on your admit card like your name, address, phone number, exam center, etc.
CLAT 2020 – Exam Results
The exam conducting body will release the results on May 24th, 2020. Candidates can view the results on the official website of the CLAT by entering the login details.
The details mentioned in the result will be a name, roll number, marks obtained and the minimum qualifying marks.