BITS Pilani Admission 2020- Eligibility, Entrance Exam, Application Form
BITS Pilani Admission 2020:- The Birla Institute of Technology and science is one of the top-ranked private institutes located in India. Every year lakhs of students apply to get admission into this college but very few are selected. There are total 3 campuses of BITS Pilani, two are located in India and one campus is located in Dubai. It is considered as one of the best colleges for engineering in India.
In 2019 Bits Pilani was ranked at 39th position by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF ).
Candidates who want to get admission into BITS Pilani has to appear for the integrated entrance exam conducted by BITS know as BITSAT.
There are various courses offered by BITS Pilani which includes Undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses.
BITS Pilani Admission 2020- Admission Highlights
|Exam Name||Birla Institute of Technology and |
Science Admission Test ( BITSAT )
|Conducting Body||BITS Pilani|
|Frequency of examination||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Mode of application||Online|
Courses offered at BITS Pilani- BITS Pilani Admission 2020
1. B.E ( Bachelor of Engineering ) Courses
- Computer science
- Electrical and electronics
- Biological sciences
2. M.SC ( Master of science )
- General studies
Eligibility Criteria-BITS Pilani Admission 2020
Candidates seeking admission into BITS Pilani have to meet certain eligibility criteria. Make sure that you meet all the requirements before applying for the BITSAT exam 2020.
- Candidates who have passed their 12th class in 2020 or 2019 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are applying for B.E and M.SC courses must have passed 10+ 2 examinations with a minimum of 75% marks in science stream and English, along with that a candidate should have scored 60% marks in an individual subject.
- For admission into B.Pharma courses, 10+2 examination with at least 75% marks Overall and at least 60% marks in each subject individually are required.
Candidates who are applying for BITSAT 2020 neede to keep these dates in mind.
BITSAT Application Form Dates
|Availability of BITSAT application form||First week of January 2020|
|Last Date to submit the application form||Last week of March 2020|
|Correcting application form errors||First week of April 2020|
|BITSAT 2020 Exam Date||Third or Fourth week of May 2020|
BITSAT Exam Pattern
Candidates applying for the BITSAT 2020 examination must know the complete exam pattern in order to successfully qualify the examinations.
|Mode of examination||Online ( computer-based )|
|Duration of the exam||3 Hours|
|Number of sections||4 ( Physics, Chemistry, English and|
logical reasoning, Mathematics
and Biology )
|Number of questions||150|
|Marking Pattern||3 marks will be awarded for each|
right answer and 1 mark will be
deducted for every wrong answer
BITS Pilani Admission 2020-Application Process
Candidates need to apply online on the official website of the BITS Pilani to successfully fill in the application form.
1. Firstly Visit the official website of BITS Pilani
2. After that fill in all the required information in the application form.
3. Once you have successfully filled the application, after that you need to upload the scanned copy of all the relevant documents.
4. Candidates who have appeared for GATE / GPAT must mention their score ( if applicable ).
5. Mention your prefered test centre.
6. Submit the application form along with the stated application fees.
7. Make sure that you cross-check all the details before final submission of the application form because you will not be able to make any changes after submission.
8. Take a print out of the acknowledgement form and keep it with yourself for future references.
BITS Pilani Application Fees
Candidates need to submit the following application fees along with the application form.
|BITSAT / BIT HD||Rs.3150 /- Rs.2650/- ( For female candidates )|
|Candidates who have qualified GATE examination||Rs.1000/-|
Documents required for BITSAT Application Form
Here is the list of documents required while submitting the application form.
- Photograph of a candidate ( Size- 4 to 50 kb in JPEG / JPG Format )
- Candidates signature ( Size – 1 to 30 kb in JPEG / JPG format )
- An attested copy of class X certificate / secondary school certificate issued by the respective board.
- An attested copy of Class XII certificate/qualifying exam certificate or any other higher university/board examinations passed from a recognised board or university.
How to download Admit Card – BITS Pilani Admission 2020
Candidates are not required to carry anything in the examination hall apart from admit card. If any candidates fail to carry admit card he/she will not be allowed to appear for the examination. Here are the steps that can be followed to download the admit card.
1. Visit the official website of BITSAT 2020.
2. Click on the link “ Admit Card “
3. Enter your application number and password
4. Click on the “ Proceed “ button
5. Admit card will appear on your screen
6. Carefully check all the details mentioned on the admit card and make sure that there are no errors
7. Download and take a print of the admit card/hall ticket
Details mentioned on Admit Card
Following details will be mentioned on BITSAT admit card.
- Candidates Application number
- Name of the test centre and address
- Candidates name and signature
- Date and time of the examination
- Subject opted for part IV of BITSAT
Important instructions for BTSAT 2020- Admit card
- After you have downloaded the BTSAT Admit card you are required to paste a passport size photograph in the space provided.
- The photograph that you have to paste on the admit card needs to be attested by a gazette officer or head of the institute.